The goal of Lambeth Freegive is to reduce waste by connecting people in the London Borough of Lambeth who are giving and getting unwanted items for free in their own community. It's all about reuse, recycle and keeping good stuff out of streets and landfills. Whether you're looking to discard or acquire an item, Lambeth Freegive is the place to do it. Working or easily repairable goods such as furniture, clothes,appliances, computers, toys, televisions, beds, books, baby stuffs, sofas or anything that is taking up space can be passed on to someone else in your community. This group is open to all residents of Lambeth in London who want to recycle their unwanted items. Or maybe you're looking to acquire something yourself. It's completely free to join and everything posted must be free. Lambeth Freegive Website Link: http://www.freegive.co.uk/p/lambeth.htm
How Lambeth freegive group works:
1. You have a television or clothes or furniture or printer or toys you were going to throw out.
2. You join Lambeth Freegive group.
3. You post an offer on Lambeth Freegive group.
4. People respond to you if they are interested.
5. You pick a recipient and arrange for them to collect the item.
6. They take the item away.
7. You let Lambeth freegive group know that the item is no longer available by posting an item TAKEN message to the group.
8. If you need an item you can request one on your local freegive group in the same way by posting an item WANTED message to the group and if someone has what you’re looking for they will contact you to offer it.
This is a great idea. Encouraging people to reuse and recycle things by giving them away and not sending them to the rubbish bins, streets and landfills. If we all try to recycle, we will make a difference.